Weevil Pest Control
- Family owned and operated
- Dependable, state-licensed food pest control technicians
- Minimal chemical application with IPM service programs
- Competitive pricing, honest service
- Monthly, bi-monthly & quarterly food pest control programs
Weevil & Food Pest Control
Now controlling Food Pests in Modesto, Manteca, Oakdale & Turlock!
Stored food product pests not only eat and destroy food directly, but they also contaminate items with their excrement, webbing and cast larval skin. Some food pests are capable of transmitting diseases to man and other animals. There are 4 types of food pests that infests kitchens: weevils, red flour beetles, drugstore beetles and Indian meal moths. Below is a list of each pest and where they can be found in the kitchen.
- Weevils seek out and live in many types of grain. They may lay their eggs in wheat, oats, rye, barley, rice and corn, as well as beans and legumes. It is common to find them on floors, shelves and corners around the kitchen.
- Red flour beetles attack stored grain products including; flour, cereals, pasta, biscuits, beans and nuts. Red flour beetles may cause an allergic response in some people who consume tainted foods. They can be found on dusty surfaces, corners of floors and shelves as well as peaks of grain piles.
- Drugstore beetles feed on paper or cellophane packages. They also feed on a diverse range of dried foods and spices, as well as hair, leather, furniture books, and museum specimens. These pests can be found in packaging, pelletized or biscuit products or underneath lights in the kitchen.
- Indian Meal Moths can infest a wide range of dry foodstuffs of vegetable origin, such as cereal, bread, pasta, rice, spices or dried fruits and nuts. They can also be found inside food packages, cracks and crevices along the wall and between boxes and bags.
If you have a food pest infestation, throw away all contaminated food items and make sure shelves and storage areas are cleaned thoroughly. If the problem persists, an Ontar technician will come to your home or office to inspect. The technician will treat the affected areas with a low-toxicity pesticide. For the best results, Onstar recommends beginning a preventative maintenance program. We offer monthly, bi-monthly and quarterly service. Call today for more information about our services!